Both Salesforce Visualforce and Salesforce Lightning have several key features that help businesses run more efficiently. Visualforce aids in the simple implementation of a company’s database.
Lightning components, on the other hand, are a completely new version of the interface that designs business web applications and makes them compliant with mobile and desktop services.
Visualforce assists in the creation of personalised user interfaces with native hosting as a platform that includes tag-based markup language and server-side controllers.
Lightning is a cutting-edge user interface framework that helps developers create immersive web applications for both mobile and desktop devices.
Which one would you prefer if they both provide ways to create custom UI for Salesforce? Let’s compare Salesforce Visualforce Components and lightning components:
Visualforce’s UI Generation vs. Lightning Components
Visualforce UI Generation Aspect
The user requests a web page, and the server processes the request by executing the page code under the UI Generation aspect of the Visualforce. The server then sends the HTML output to the browser to complete the operation. Following the user’s interaction with the web page, the browser displays HTML to the user.
Lightning Components UI Generation Aspect
The user makes a request for a feature or an application under the UI Generation aspect of the Lightning components. Following that, the bundle returns to the client and begins loading in the browser.
The following are a few used cases that will illustrate how both can be utilized:
The aim was to create a page-centric experience with minimal client-side logic.
Partner community: Salesforce classic could be used to build a community for partners.
Lightning components can be employed when developing Salesforce mobile applications. For mobile apps with limited and high latency networks, Visualforce with page-centric characteristics would be a poor choice. Lightning was created to deal with such problems.
- Non-developers can use the lightning app builder to build applications by connecting standard or custom components.
- For adding user interface elements, Lightning app builders have a number of quick and easy features. Using a lightning app builder, you could simply drag and drop any UI feature.
- A Customer Community: If you’re developing a Customer Community, you’ll need to use Community Builder to create a Lightning-based community site with Lightning components.
- If you’ve chosen to invest in digital technology, you’ll need to begin using or turn from visual force to this medium.
- If you’re starting a new development project, Lightning Components is the way to go. You may learn how to use them on your own or seek assistance from a trusted and experienced firm.
Lightning is a cutting-edge and innovative technology that works in tandem with Salesforce’s user interface strategy to provide users with a highly interactive and collaborative experience.
As compared to Visualforce, however, it has a steep learning curve. Since application development is such an important part of Lightning, it’s a little more complicated than Visualforce.
It will necessitate the assistance of an experienced firm to assist you through the entire process.
Benefits of Visualforce vs. Lightning Components
- It is a tried and tested model that consistently produces effective results.
- Users must wait for the page to fully load from the server to see the changes, because there is no two-way binding here.
- Salesforce Visualforce is quite easy to implement so one can expect a higher productivity ratio.
- To make it easier for users to handle, larger applications are broken down into smaller web pages.
- The Salesforce Visualforce also includes meta-data integration.
Lightning Components Benefits
- The applications’ user interfaces are highly interactive, making them more convenient for customers.
- This allows for two-way binding, which displays the contents on the UI after each of them has been updated.
- To achieve positive results, Lightning Salesforce initiatives make use of Salesforce’s user-interface strategy.
- To improve the developer’s experience, the metadata is available in the foundation.
- The developer console is also compatible with the Lightning Salesforce components, which will enhance the developer experience.
A Quick Look at How These Two — Visualforce and Lightning, to be precise — Function
|Advantages||● Tried and true model|
● It does not have two-way binding, so you will have to wait until the whole page has been updated from the server.
● Easy to implement for greater productivity
● Huge applications are naturally divided into smaller, more manageable pages.
● Has metadata integration built-in
|● Allows users to have highly interactive and immersive experiences.|
● It has two-way binding by default, which means that if anything changes, it will update instantly on the UI.
● Complements Salesforce’s user experience strategy.
● An integrated developer experience is built on metadata from the ground up.
● Lightning modules are supported by the Developer Console, resulting in an integrated developer experience.
● Increased latency
|● As compared to Visualforce, the learning curve is steeper.|
● You’re creating an application, not a page, so it’s more complicated than Visualforce.
Features of Visualforce vs. Lightning Components
Features of Visualforce
- It facilitates fast development of easy or complex user interfaces for mobile and desktop applications.
- Images from third parties are displayed securely.
- LogDate, MetricsDate, ProfileID, and other Visualforce access metrics are used.
Features of Lightning Components
- It employs cutting-edge technologies to assist businesses in reaching out to a substantial number of customers. Furthermore, it allows the opportunity to do almost anything on the cloud in order to build meaningful customer relationships.
- Customized dashboards are used by Salesforce Lightning components to enable clients or users to customize them according to their needs.
- Every day, the Salesforce Lightning assistant will provide a concise overview of all new changes to the customer.
- Users or clients can see work performance charts to help them keep track of their business’s progress.
- Salesforce Lightning Voice enables business owners to communicate with clients or customers through voice calls inside the Salesforce Sales Cloud server.
- The Lightning Components’ steel brick feature manages all of the trading aspects of the business for the owners that are represented as CPQ.
- Salesforce Lightning’s Outlook Alliance feature improves its CRM capabilities.
- Salesforce Lightning’s application builder enables non-coders and developers to build applications without writing a single line of code.
You now have a better understanding of the differences in functionality and features between Salesforce Lightning and Visualforce.
Business people from all over the world are now applying these techniques in order to improve customer and business data management.
Despite certain inconsistencies, both of these channels are effective in providing a positive boost to all types of businesses.