As organizations turn more customer-centric, they face the undeniable test of staying aware of the ever-changing face of the market while remaining in front of the opposition by identifying what’s “next” in market patterns.
Therefore, businesses depend on a strong CRM solution to organize their existing customer data and stay updated with the current trends. The manufacturing business is no exception to this standard.
Why is Salesforce best suited for the manufacturing industry?
When evaluating CRM solution options for the manufacturing industry, just any CRM is not enough.
To address the nature and intricacy of the manufacturing business, you need a ground-breaking source of innovation, like Salesforce. Be that as it may, what separates Salesforce from others? Here are some key reasons:
Excellent Customer Experience
Each organization tries to give its clients VIP treatment. Imagine how much time is squandered in simply searching for the right response to what might be a basic inquiry from your client.
Salesforce encourages you to oversee basic data like warranty or service issues to help you with everyday assistance calls and requests.
Your greatest objective is to expand deals. Salesforce helps you to capture indispensable data and provide useful insights to boost sales.
Improved Planning and Productivity
Salesforce comes with an interface that simplifies user adoption. The framework additionally helps eliminate duplicate and manual entries, which spares valuable time and improves efficiency.
What are the problems facing the manufacturing industry?
The approach to ‘smart shopping’ has disrupted the demand-supply chain. Consumer trends are short-lived, while preferences are continually evolving.
Customer demands for a seamless journey across channels and devices require a robust CRM framework that translates customer insights into workable data in real-time.
Critical customer insights are often siloed across spreadsheets and numerous ERP frameworks, which can adversely influence service level agreements and account performance, and eventually the ability to accurately anticipate demand.
This is particularly true for the manufacturing industry that is far expelled from sales and operations teams, despite the fact that their work is connected.
Lack of transparency between teams can be devastating for the bottom line with issues like stock-outs, overloading, inability to meet service level agreements, and eventually poor consumer loyalty.
With the goal for manufacturers to provide seamless customer experience, they need a solution that helps them to better comprehend customer needs while improving visibility across the entire value chain.
The Manufacturing Cloud overcomes any issues among sales and operations teams while guaranteeing increasingly prescient and transparent business, so they can build deeper and more trusted relationships with their customers.
What is Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud?
Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud is an end-to-end CRM solution for the manufacturing business. It gives users a total perspective on all customer activities and assists with driving predictable business development with noteworthy insights and a proactive approach.
Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud broadens the usefulness of Salesforce Sales Cloud and Salesforce Service Cloud.
With Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud, you can achieve greater transparency in all your business processes, get real-time visibility of the sales portfolio, manage your key records,and react quickly to all customer queries and service issues.
The Manufacturing Cloud offers sales and operations teams a superior perspective on their clients through incredible new sales agreements and account-based forecasting solutions, providing visibility into their client associations while empowering them to generate more robust sales forecasts.
- Sales Agreements brought together with data housed in ERP and order management systems.
- Account-Based Forecasting equipped for reflecting changing client needs and market demands progressively.
Salesforce is additionally releasing new manufacturing explicit advancement over the Salesforce Customer 360 Platform to assist manufacturers to deliver greater transparency, streamline collaboration, and develop their organizations:
- Einstein Analytics for Manufacturing gives account managers access to a smart, ready-to-use KPI experience, taking into account health, demand information, product penetration, and progress of sales contracts.
- Community Cloud for Manufacturing will deliver a new pre-built template explicit for manufacturers that stretches out sales agreements to channel partners, permitting them to handily work together on leads and openings.
- Mulesoft Anypoint Platform opens data from any application, information source or device– regardless of whether on-premise or in the cloud.
Now, let’s explore how Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud will profit your business.
What are the core Manufacturing Cloud features?
The product showcases itself as ‘a customized CRM for manufacturers’.
Here are a few individual highlights that make this such an alluring choice for organizations:
- The sales agreement function allows you to have visibility of all the terms negotiated with your clients. You can position planned revenue against actual revenue, allowing you to set your own success metrics for each account.
- Provides a consolidated view of all business agreements, so you have all the information about inventory in stock, order and revenue management, etc.
- The Manufacturing Cloud is about coordinated effort across teams in real-time, to construct a precise forecast for each account. Whenever new open doors are recognized, you can consolidate insights gained from analyzing data from Sales, Finance, and Operations to make the most of present opportunities.
- This element engages manufacturers to break down the silos and forecast precisely for each record. Changing business sector patterns or customer inclinations are updated in real-time, helping teams make appropriate acclimations to their estimates.
- With a unified view of all your data in the Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud, it is easy to plan operations, finance, and sales teams to collaborate in real-time and develop more accurate forecasts to drive business growth.
Full Salesforce integration
- Sales Cloud and Service Cloud users will be satisfied to realize that all client information gathered on these stages will be promptly accessible in the manufacturing cloud as a major aspect of Salesforce Customer 360. You can communicate with and react to your clients when an account activity or service issue emerges, relieving reputational damage and promoting transparency.
- Define your own custom metrics so that your manufacturing process management software reflects your business.
- With Salesforce Manufacturing Cloud, you can also configure metrics in stages to get a 360-degree view of your customers at different stages of the customer life cycle.
Utilize Community Cloud for manufacturing
- With Community Cloud, share visibility and safely with your customer base, so that clients and channel partners will feel more involved than ever.
- The Community Cloud is astounding on the online social platform to create branded sites; one that connects customers, managers, and partners. With a pre-built template, it permits manufacturers to extend sales agreements to their channel partners making it simple and compelling for the teams to collaborate in real-time. This proves to be a successful instrument to close deals quicker and improve client service.
Manufacturing with Einstein Analytics
- The intelligent insights permit account administrators to stay on top of service level agreements. Moreover, due to centralized data access, they can predict issues even before they emerge, and find potential sales opportunities by servicing customers,distinguishing high-growth segments, and giving applicable recommendations.
- Take a proactive approach, understand data trends, and have well-informed and comprehensive recommendations.
- Additionally, conversational inquiries will make it simple for your manufacturing business to effectively deal with queries by processing natural language interfaces.
- Salesforce Einstein Analytics users will bear witness to the intelligent insights the AI gives. Einstein will examine profound data to make forecasts or proposals on compliance, the strength of account, product performance, and more.
Seamless connection with your ERP
- The MuleSoft Anypoint Platform makes it easy to incorporate Manufacturing Cloud with your ERP platform or order management system. There’s no more hopping between windows—everything is accessible on a single platform.
- With ever shorter production cycles, manufacturers need greater visibility of the supply chain. With MuleSoft Anytime, there’s improved data connectivity across systems that causes manufacturers to assemble comprehensive estimates, automate business processes, and deliver even complex products to meet demand.
Salesforce CPQ Manufacturing Connector
The Salesforce CPQ Manufacturing Connector for Engineer-to-Order and Configure-to-Order manufacturers overcomes any issues between configuration, pricing and quoting in Salesforce CPQ and downstream manufacturing and ERP processes for organizations delivering profoundly customized or configured products.
- Increment productivity and accomplish quicker process durations, quicker deliveries, less rework, and more visibility across sales, operations, and finance.
- Simplify the process by generating quotes throughout the business cycle, including production, packaging, shipping, and pickup.
- Include standard product and service contracts in the same sales order in a quote.
Margin and Available to Promise Visibility
Overcome any barrier among inventory and production to help sales teams set suitable delivery expectations. Understand margin implications before you produce a quote.
- View real-time available-to-promise data inside CRM.
- Access recent order history, margins, and expenses to produce accurate and profitable quotes.
- Understand expected production and delivery dates to manage customer expectations.
Accomplish operational collaborations and stay ahead of your competitors by utilizing Salesforce CRM. Streamline the quote-to-cash process and dispense with manual strides among sales and other departments.
Enable your sales team with all the data they need to sell and service clients, including 360° visibility of client activity, inventory availability, production schedules, margins, shipments, and accounts receivable.