You are rapidly scaling up and striving for a robust eCommerce platform that can adapt as you continue to grow to meet your needs.
With so many choices out there, in order to find out which solution would be the best match for your unique situation, you are right to read about similarities between the big guys.
Two great choices to consider include Magento Commerce and Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
Both platforms allow medium and large businesses to promote and showcase their products with loads of customization on amazing websites.
The Right Platform for You
Magento vs. Salesforce Commerce Cloud is quite a difficult debate. For online businesses, both have proven to be extremely useful.
They are sophisticated software solutions that through seamless interaction with customers can certainly up your game.
In addition, since both systems rely on the cloud, you won’t have to worry about data storage.
We understand that choosing between two breakthrough technologies is difficult.
So, here are some features and advantages that will help you select the best eCommerce platform for your business.
How Magento Commerce Empowers Online Retail
The Magento eCommerce platform has an array of innovative features that can transform an online business model.
Magento has empowered hundreds of thousands of organizations globally, from powerful product management to insightful business intelligence (BI).
In order to boost online business, an increasing number of businesses are choosing Magento development.
1) Magento BI
This is an innovative BI platform that brings data from various sources (social media, CRM, sales history, etc.), organizes it for quick access in one location, and offers loads of premade models for reporting.
If your alternative is multiple spreadsheets, this is a massive time-saver.
2) Mobile-Friendly Online Stores
Since mobile browsing is popular today, it is important to know that your online store is in your customer’s pocket. To ensure that they visit your online store and press the checkout button, you just need to take the right steps.
The store needs to be mobile-friendly for this. Therefore, along with full website management and cross-browser support, Magento offers this incredible functionality.
It’s also critical for your web store to rank high on SERPs; this is also addressed by the SEO optimization feature in Magento.
3) Hosting Flexibility
Magento Commerce offers you immense e-Commerce hosting flexibility. You additionally have the alternative to have the site on cloud storage. A range of customization options is facilitated by cloud-based hosting.
4) Impressive Online Experience
For retailers and developers alike, Magento’s responsiveness and scalability offer a great benefit.
Shoppers get a positive experience every time they visit the online store as a result of an effective development process allowed by Magento.
What Makes Salesforce a Tough Competitor of Magento
When it comes to major eCommerce platforms, one can not overlook Salesforce Commerce’s reputable performance.
Salesforce, formerly known as Demandware, makes the case with a laser-sharp fixation on the selling mechanism. Let’s take a look at the features that make it an outstanding Magento competitor.
1) Seamless Omni-Channel Platform
Salesforce Commerce allows business owners to combine a brick-and-mortar store with an eCommerce platform seamlessly.
In order to build a frictionless omnichannel experience, Salesforce integration services leverage the platform’s cloud storage functionality.
2) A Powerful SaaS Tool
Salesforce Commerce is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform loaded with features. Retailers are therefore able to access real-time data for online operations.
In addition, an incredibly efficient sales management process gives the online business a boost.
3) Great Shopping Experience
With Salesforce Commerce, retailers can offer a seamless shopping experience for their customers.
It has features where not only purchase products online but also return them easily if they want to.
Additional features include ordering an item online and picking up the product from a local store.
4) Easy Online Store Management
Like Magento, Salesforce Commerce offers a robust platform for content management. Furthermore, you get features like operations management, search engine optimization, and customer relationship management.
For almost every major operating system, all these tools are compatible, which makes it even better.
In addition to these, Salesforce’s features to set it apart from Magento include:
- Einstein: No not Albert, but Salesforce’s innovative AI recommender system. This feature helps to personalize the shopping experience and is built right into Salesforce. It is important to remember, however, that every Salesforce Cloud has its own AI system, which is separate from others. This limits the analysis and insight with access to more data than would be possible.
- 24/7 Support: Salesforce offers comprehensive customer service as part of its SaaS offering that goes way beyond just simple code problems. All upgrades and security patches are done by their team, ensuring your store is always covered. But, because this service is so robust, the high price tag Salesforce comes with does account for it.
- Merchandising and Catalog Management: In this regard, Salesforce really shines and is one of the reasons why it is really popular, particularly among fashion companies. The platform allows advanced promotions that can be introduced at any point of the process, task scheduling to make it easier to queue products in advance, and supports complex products, such as subscriptions, bundles, or grouped products.
Analyzing Salesforce and Magento benefits
First, let us analyze the benefits of both Magento and Salesforce briefly.
The benefits that Salesforce provides are as follows:
- SaaS model, which helps you to minimize the number of office employees due to the ubiquitous CRM access;
- Competent data structure;
- One of the market’s best user interfaces;
- End-to-end connectivity (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera, etc.) with major browsers;
- Rapid launch of a newly built site;
- Easy operation through an intuitive navigation bar;
- Automation capabilities, which will often enable sales managers at each point to monitor the sales funnel and customer behavior;
- Effective personnel management (you can generally follow the action of your representatives: calls made, letters sent, and so on).
Continuing with the Magento Commerce vs. Salesforce Commerce Cloud pair study,
here are Magento’s key benefits:
- Direct compatibility with Varnish – an advanced proxy caching server that minimizes delays when loading pages with rich content;
- Highly efficient indexing service (another page-loading optimization);
- End-to-end integration with Google Analytics;
- Multi-stage authorization system;
- Support a wide variety of gateways for payment;
- Quick processing of huge orders, up to a few hundred unique positions;
- Increased fault tolerance (Magento sites tolerate heavy visitor influx);
- Smart Device Screens Adaptability.
Magento’s most significant advantage is potentially its slightly lower cost of use. Therefore, if you realize that the Salesforce-based eCommerce solution budget has begun to exceed your capabilities, consider giving priority to the second choice in the fight between Salesforce and Magento.
A Quick Comparison
|Comparison||Salesforce B2B Commerce||Magento Commerce|
|1. Pricing Model||It only provides customers a quote-based pricing model. As the Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a highly customized cloud-based eCommerce platform, offering monthly, annual, or one-time payment pricing models would not be economically feasible for them.||This cloud-based eCommerce platform has pricing structures that are monthly and quote-based. No one-time charge, monthly subscription, or free models of payment exist.|
|2. Features||● Multisite management system|
● Predictive artificial intelligence system
● Lightning platform development
● Content management
● Cart and checkout
● Site search
● Customer and segment catalog entitlements
● Budget and buying authority
● Responsive mobile design
● Contract ordering
● You can place an order on behalf of sales and service
● In-store extensions
● Social channels integration
● Holistic engagement with sales, marketing, R&D, and community clouds
|● Analytics, tracking, and reporting|
● Order management
● Mobile commerce
● Shopping cart
● Web designing and page builder
● Search engine optimization and social media management
● Customer Service
● Manage multiple eCommerce stores
|3. Languages Supported||Multiple languages, including English, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Swedish, are supported.||It supports only two languages: English and Dutch|
|4. Third-Party Integrations||It connects only with apps and third-party systems in Salesforce’s AppExchange.||Magento supports a great array of business and third-party integrations:|
● Embedded ERP
● Enterprise suite ERP
● Cash on delivery
● Ship works
● Debit Payment
|5. Available Devices||● Windows|
|6. Company Size||The Salesforce eCommerce cloud platform is well suited for all enterprises on a small, medium or large scale.|
|For bigger companies, the Magento commerce cloud is indeed very appropriate. In the budget of small-scale businesses, however, it can make a big dent.|
|7. Available Support||● Phone|
● Live Support
● Tickets and Webinars
The Ultimate Conclusion
Whether you want to go for the Salesforce Commerce Cloud or Magento Commerce Cloud depends entirely on the essence of your business, your budget, your company’s requirements, and most importantly, all expectations.
Although the Magento commerce cloud eCommerce platform could be a game-changer for large companies because of the platform’s ability to scale up things manifold times in no time, Salesforce commerce cloud will bring a spontaneous upsurge in the growth of small and medium level enterprises.
Agility and freedom of customization are some of the key things you need to weigh when opting for Magento or Salesforce commerce cloud platforms.
The Salesforce commerce cloud is certainly the best platform for running your online store if you are looking to create an eCommerce platform where you do not need to handle the infrastructure.
However, if your platform needs a lot of customization, no platform can match the independence provided to its customers by the Magento commerce cloud.
When choosing a platform to run a full-fledged business, pricing is another colossal factor. Magento commerce is also more affordable for enterprise-level organizations because it is based on a fixed fee system.
However, to do it without any glitch, you have to have a great knowledge of in-house procedures and intricate technology.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud gives you an upper hand to cut off tasks if you want to get rid of the hassle of managing and upgrading resources.
The Salesforce commerce cloud is second to none when it comes to formidable native capabilities. But it will cost you heavily and may also have an impact on the agility of your business growth.
The Salesforce commerce cloud is also the right option if you are looking for a B2B SaaS-based cloud-based platform.
If you are not looking for heavy investments and if you are a B2B retailer, you will do wonders with the Magento commerce cloud.
We hope that the thorough comparison described above will help you make a strong decision to run your eCommerce on the right platform. If you need more information to make a convincing decision, feel free to contact us here.