Source: Digital River
A successful company pivot finds the e-commerce enabler positioned for growth as it marks a year of transformation and new client wins
MINNEAPOLIS – February 27, 2020 – Digital River, the most experienced global e-commerce enabler for established and fast-growing brands, is primed for a successful 2020 after completing its major initiatives for 2019, including fully modernizing its offering from a full-stack solution provider to API-based, microservices solutions.
Building on its 25 years of experience as an e-commerce enabler, Digital River is helping clients meet ever-changing consumer demands with a new approach and growing partner ecosystem that allows brands to quickly and more effectively enter new global markets and grow revenue.
This pivot to API-based architecture means Digital River is working within a partner ecosystem, with integrations into some of the most respected names in e-commerce including:
- Digital River on Salesforce AppExchange – Allowing companies to combine Salesforce Commerce Cloud capabilities with Digital River’s Payments & Risk solution to accelerate expansion into new global markets.
- WordPress – A new integration giving the WordPress community a localized Onshore Advantage™ to selling online in markets across the world.
- Additionally, we’ve teamed up with systems integrators and consulting partners including Capgemini, Coherent Solutions, Docmation, diconium, and MentorMate, who are critical in building technology connectors and integrating ecommerce systems for clients.
“In a year in which we’ve seen tremendous change at Digital River, I’m pleased to report we also are seeing tremendous success,” stated Adam Coyle, CEO of Digital River. “We’ve exceeded our 2019 sales targets and with the transition of our infrastructure to the cloud, we are seeing higher client satisfaction through the delivery of a world-class experience on a daily basis.
We’ve established strong partnerships that complement our core value of helping brands accelerate, expanding their e-commerce globally, positioning Digital River for continued growth in 2020.”
Focusing on what we do best
Digital River is focusing on its core offerings to allow brands to control the front-end shopping experience while we handle ever-increasing complexity on the back-end, including:
- Payments & Risk – With advancements in machine learning, Digital River is on the forefront of billing optimization to eliminate churn and grow revenue. Our Merchant and Seller of Record (MoR/SoR) business model means we minimize risk for brands and use our expertise to keep our clients in compliance with complex global regulations and tax laws.
- Order Management – Helping brands with global order orchestration and fulfillment as we facilitate the delivery of more than 1.5 million shipments to over 100 countries. Our Fulfillment-as-a-Service Technology (F.A.S.T.) connects brands to the world’s leading logistics partners.
- Commerce – With connectors to leading CMS and DXP providers, brands using our API-based solution unlock more nimble development with best-of-breed components including shopping cart, product information management, merchandising, pricing and promotions, and transactional email.
“We plan on a very busy 2020,” stated Digital River’s senior vice president of demand generation, sales and partnership, Jason Nyhus.
“We are expanding our reach, working with systems integrators to build more connectors so our solutions and our fast, go-to-market expertise will be easily accessible to brands looking at global expansion. There’s never been a more exciting time at Digital River.”
“Changing our focus from full-stack to API-delivered solutions makes us an attractive partner for brands that never looked at us before,” said Dan Breuer, vice president of sales at Digital River.
“We’re now an attractive option for brands across industries who are looking to build an exceptional global direct-to-consumer buying experience for their shoppers.”
Among Digital River’s new clients for 2019:
- SmugMug – An early adopter of our newest order management API.
- Egress – A UK-based email security software company scaling its business globally by leveraging Salesforce’s B2B Commerce Cloud to use Digital River’s Merchant and Seller of record capabilities.
- Maxon – A software company using Digital River to launch subscription-based sales and accelerate global growth.
Utilizing the public cloud to optimize performance
Digital River completed its three-year plan to fully migrate its data center infrastructure to the public cloud in 2019.
We are now using multiple providers to bring our clients reliable and scalable solutions that allow for optimal flexibility as technology continues to advance.
A new platform to share knowledge
Be sure to listen in to Commerce Connect, Digital River’s new podcast that launched in September of 2019, showcasing the brightest minds in e-commerce who share their journey to success. Available wherever you get your podcasts.
Salesforce, AppExchange, Commerce Cloud, and others are among the trademarks of salesforce.com, inc.
# # #
About Digital River
With 25 years’ experience, Digital River has mastered the ins and outs of global e-commerce.
Established and fast-growing brands alike rely on our flexible, API-powered solutions to sell directly to their customers, whether they live around the corner or around the world.
Our modular platform, global expertise, and advanced partner ecosystem let brands focus on creating seamless buyer experiences, while we work behind the scenes to manage orders and fulfillment, process payments, mitigate fraud, and handle taxes and compliance on your behalf.
Brands benefit from our unique business model, expertly designed to help brands accelerate global expansion, grow revenue, and protect their business from risk.
Digital River is headquartered in Minneapolis with offices across the U.S., Asia, Europe and South America. For more details, visit https://digitalriver.com.
Digital River is a registered trademark of Digital River, Inc. All other company and product names are trademarks, registrations or copyrights of their respective owners.
Twitter Tags: #ecommerce, #headless, #partner @DigitalRiverInc
Click to Tweet: Ending a year of transformational growth, @DigitalRiverInc launches into a busy 2020 building upon its new API architecture that enables fast global expansion for brands looking to sell online in markets across the world.