B2B e-commerce is not only about shopping carts.
Yes, for a B2C-Esque experience on B2B platforms, shopping carts play a significant role.
But Salesforce B2B e-commerce in its entirety transcends the cart. It overhauls, transforms, and streamlines all functions of e-commerce, not just one.
Just because there’s a trend toward carts doesn’t mean other aspects of B2B commerce matter any less.
An online store doesn’t in any capacity add significantly to e-commerce.
That’s why ingenious B2B commerce solutions provided by technologies like Salesforce CloudCraze tend to the entire e-commerce ecosystem without overlooking one functionality in favor of another.
For businesses, an effective B2B e-commerce platform stands for an engaging user interface, personalized customer experience, efficient buying, and time-saving self-service.
For B2B organizations, an entire spectrum of customer-business relationships – not just checkout experience – significance.
B2B e-commerce can only thrive if it’s customer-centric in leveraging the commerce cloud.
Deploying the B2B commerce cloud, Salesforce, for example, renders complex B2B enterprise simple by furnishing it with self-service capabilities. Users are able to solve their problems wherever and whenever they arise.
Whether these issues are related to billing, support, or purchasing, B2B e-commerce offers robust, well-rounded commerce solutions to businesses.
Besides a shopping cart, the best B2B commerce platforms must enhance other functionalities too.
It’s not in a business’s best interest to confine Salesforce B2B e-commerce just to shopping carts.
Businesses can’t unleash their true potential without exploring all functionalities. Beyond the cart, what are those other functionalities?
- Dynamic Pricing: Since B2B involves bulk purchasing of goods, Salesforce CloudCraze offers dynamic pricing capabilities. Discrepancies in online and offline pricing have ceased to exist. As a result, pricing has become error-free, dynamic, and personalized. Depending on the cart size, pricing is adjusted accordingly with an AI-enabled B2B commerce cloud.
- Quoting: Quoting is not a challenge for B2B e-commerce anymore. The Salesforce B2B commerce cloud streamlines the entire process of quoting straightaway on the company’s website.
- Product Listing: Using B2B e-commerce, businesses can make it possible for their customers to add products they frequently purchase to custom product lists. As a result, future purchases are rendered a lot quicker. Users can seamlessly move items from their lists to shopping carts to order a single item or bulk.
- Quick Ordering: Because of e-commerce cloud technology’s product listing capabilities, customers can reorder items at lightning speed. Without having to go through the entire buying process all over again, they can go straight to their cart, choose an item to purchase, and reorder.
- Expedite Billing: Users have long been demanding a B2C experience on B2B sites. Online payments and automatic billing is a significant leap in that direction. Customers can complete transactions securely, quickly, and easily on B2B platforms. Companies save time, human resources, and capital by deploying B2B e-commerce.
B2B Ecommerce Trends of 2020
- B2B to surpass B2C: By the end of 2020, B2B might surpass B2C in terms of market share, capital, and scalability. B2B commerce is gaining momentum partly because Salesforce B2B e-commerce, integrated with Salesforce Commerce Cloud, has made the conduct of online business between B2B organizations buyer- and seller-friendly.
- More businesses turn to CPQ tools: Automation is here to stay. That’s why businesses today are more comfortable deploying automation, AI, and other such tools than they were a few years ago. CPQ – Configure Price Quote – is being deployed across industries for personalized and automated pricing.
- Personalization is integral to B2B business: There’s no generalization in the realm of B2B business. Irrelevance is perilous. Customers demand personalized shopping experience like what can be found on B2C platforms. The customer’s needs define which products they might be interested in viewing and which they are likely to overlook. Therefore, products, offers, and discounts have to be configured and personalized considering consumer’s interests, needs, transaction history.
- Artificial Intelligence: No one ever doubted the utility of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in B2B organizations. In 2020, it’s impossible to overlook AI given its utility in offering insights on pricing, buying behaviors, market trends, etc. For next-level B2B commerce, analytics and insights are indispensable, and so is AI.
Time to move beyond the cart with Salesforce B2B e-commerce
Research organizations peg B2B growth at $1.2 trillion. Upgrading digital infrastructure should be a priority for any business.
Salesforce offers cloud-based B2B commerce solutions to businesses of all scales and industries.
Grabbing your piece of the pie in the B2B market is a daunting task. A powerhouse is needed to back up a business’s claim to the benefits!
The Salesforce B2B commerce cloud is that powerhouse. Together with Salesforce B2B commerce, they propel businesses fortunes to the next level by streamlining the customer experience, user interface, data sharing, accessibility, and more.
The B2B Commerce Cloud has streamlined shipping, as it can handle multi-date and multi-location delivery.
Customers have many payment options available and shopping cart size has increased drastically.
Billing and quoting have become a lot easier, faster, and error-free with Salesforce B2B commerce.
For B2B e-commerce success, understanding your own business is just as important as understanding your customer!
B2B commerce offers businesses valuable insight into customer activities across sales channels. Combined with an array of cloud-based systems, Salesforce helps businesses transcend the cart and unleash the true potential of their businesses.
Its Marketing, Service and Sales suits work in tandem with Commerce Cloud and CRM to offer businesses one-window access to all customer-related data, from the first interaction to final checkout.
From shipment management to marketing, it caters to all customer expectations and needs of B2B businesses equally.
For businesses, it’s the right time to embrace top-notch technology for a future-ready B2B business.
Failing to do so could lead to a loss of customers, capital, and the business itself. Consequently, it’s an easy victory for your competitor!
In the end
This commerce cloud borne out of challenges faced by businesses offers robust B2B commerce solutions for smooth business conduct.
By offering organizations a cloud-based platform on which they can design, develop and scale their online stores, with anytime-anywhere kind of accessibility, B2B commerce has revolutionized every aspect of a business, not just a cart!